When you have dealings with us or use our Website, we collect certain personal information about you. We also collect information about you from messages/emails you send to us, and from other third parties. By “your information” we mean any information about you (such as your name, address, email address or other contact details), which you or third parties provide to us that can identify you.
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission before you provide any personal information to us.
Unique Fire is committed to safeguarding the privacy of your information in accordance with the principles below.
- We will only collect & use your information where we have lawful grounds and legitimate business reasons to do so.
- We will be transparent in our dealings with you and will tell you about how we will collect and use your information.
- If we have collected your information for a particular purpose, we will not use it for anything else unless you have been informed and where relevant your permission obtained.
- We will not ask for more information than we need for the purposes for which we are collecting it.
- We will update our records when you inform us that your details have changed.
- We will implement and adhere to information retention policies relating to your information and will ensure that your information is securely disposed of at the end of the appropriate retention period.
- We will observe the rights granted to you under applicable privacy and data protection laws and will ensure that queries relating to privacy issues are promptly and transparently dealt with.
- We will train our staff on their privacy obligations.
- We will ensure we have appropriate physical and technological security measures to protect your information regardless of where it is held.
- We will ensure that when we outsource any processes we ensure the supplier has appropriate security measures in place.
- We will ensure that suitable safeguards are in place before personal information is transferred to other countries.
How we use your information
The information collected will be used to send you any information you have requested and to provide information that may be useful to you. In respect of any job vacancy, we will use the information collected to assess your suitability for the role or any other role we have open. We may provide your information to other companies in our group if we believe that your skills better match their needs than ours.
We may share aggregate information on the use of our Website with third parties (including other companies in our group), but this will not include information that identifies you. We engage third parties to process data on our behalf. If our business enters into a joint venture with, or is sold to, or merges with, another entity, we may disclose your information to the new partners or owners.
If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on or to the website or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on our website, we may use your information to stop such behaviour. Where we reasonably believe that you are or may be in breach of any of the laws of England and Wales (or the law of Scotland if you live there) (e.g. because content you have posted in any discussion forum which you have chosen to participate in is defamatory), we may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties.
Most browsers allow you to turn off cookies. If you want to know how to do this, please look at the help menu on your browser. Switching off cookies may restrict your use of our Website.
In addition to the company’s safeguards, your personal data is protected in the UK by the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). This provides amongst other things that the data we hold about you should be processed lawfully and fairly. It should be accurate, relevant and not excessive. The information should be kept up to date, where necessary, and not retained for longer than is necessary. It should be kept securely to prevent unauthorised access by other people.
You have the right to see what information we hold about you and correct any inaccuracies online
Privacy Statement changes
Any changes to this privacy statement will be posted here.
Other web sites
All comments, queries and requests relating to our use of your data are welcomed and should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org